Jalapeno Cheddar Turkey Burger with BBQ Aioli
• 1 1/3 pounds ground turkey breast
• 1/2 medium red onion, finely chopped
• 1/4 pound sharp cheddar cheese, diced into 1/4-inch chunks
• 1 rounded tablespoon chili powder
• 2 teaspoons cumin
• 1/8 cup diced, pickled jalapenos
• 2 cloves garlic, chopped
• Salt and freshly ground black pepper
• 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO), plus some for drizzling
Dice the onion, cheddar cheese, jalapenos and garlic.
Pre-heat a large nonstick skillet, indoor grill pan or tabletop grill to medium-high heat.
Combine the ground turkey, onion, cheddar cheese, chili powder, ground cumin, jalapeño, garlic, salt and pepper in a medium size bowl and mix everything together with your hands. Score the meat with the side of your hand to separate into four equal amounts. Form the mixture into four large patties no more than one inch thick.
Drizzle EVOO on the patties and place them in a hot skillet or on a hot grill with a spatula and cook for 5-6 minutes on each side, or until
1/4 cup mayonnaise
3 tablespoons BBQ sauce
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
Combine mayo, BBQ sauce, garlic, paprika and cumin in a food processor and blend until mixed. With the processor on, steam in the olive oil until the mixture comes together. You can store this in the fridge for about a week.