Urbana, Ill - More and more people are surviving cancer—through perseverance and medical advances. That makes support for survivors even more important. Here to tell us more are two people whose jobs focus on helping people with cancer and after cancer
• Surviving cancer is monumental, but the journey doesn’t end when a patient and his or her team beats cancer. Will you help us understand what cancer survivors often think about—or should think about?
• What options for support should cancer survivors consider?
Primary care provider
• How can we help our friends and family members who are still dealing with cancer or learning how to be a cancer survivor?
Listen, be there
Read their signs
Ask what they need
• Why is the May 11 Cancer Survivors Day event important?
Thursday, May 11
5:30 to 8:30 p.m.
Vineyard Church, Urbana
• Who do you encourage to attend and why?
See oncology team