Pork and Chorizo Mini Burger w/ green chili mayo and pico de gallo
Yield: 14 mini burgers
Portions: 2.5oz raw patties, 1/2 slice of pepper jack, .5 oz green chili mayo on top, 1 oz pico de
gallo served on the side
For the Burgers:
.5 lbs of Chorizo (mexican or Spanish)
1.5 lbs of Ground Pork
1 Tbsp minced garlic
1.5 tsp worcestershire
¾ tsp smoked paprika
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
dash dried oregano
14 Mini Hamburger Buns
7 slices of Pepper jack cheese
For the sauce:
1 cups mayonnaise
1 tsp minced garlic
1 poblano peppers, roasted and peeled
1 tsp lime juice
salt and pepper to taste
For the Pico de Gallo:
1.5 cups tomatoes, seeded and diced
1/4 cup diced red onion
1 Tbsp diced jalepenos
1 Tbsp minced garlic
2 Tbsp cilantro, finely chopped
1 Tbsp lime juice
For the burgers:
1. If the chorizo is not fine and crumbly, finely chop.
2. In a large bowl, place all the burger ingredients and gently mix with your hands. Do not make
the mixture too dense.
3. Form 2.5 oz patties. Should yield 14 patties. The patties will shrink and bubble up a little so
make them fairly flat. Make them slightly larger in circumference than the bun it will be going on
because it shrinks to fit.
4. Mark burgers on grill ( 12
minutes per side) and place in the convention oven for 8 minutes at
375. Check internal temp is at 165. Add a half slice of cheese to each burger.
For the Mayo:
1. Blacken the poblano peppers on the grill rotating every minute or until the side has bubbled
and blackened. The skin should be close to blistered everywhere. The more it blisters, the
easier it is to peel the skin off.
2. Remove the stem and cut open. Use a knife to scrape the skin and black off and also
remove all the seeds.
3. Place all ingredients in the food processor. Blend until the sauce is evenly mixed and
chopped. Should be a similar consistency to mayo.
4. Refrigerate until needed.
For the Pico:
1. Dice tomatoes and onion. Finely chop parsley and jalepeno and place all of these in a
2. Add garlic and lime juice and stir together well.
3. Refrigerate until needed.
Copyright 2015 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.