Champaign, Ill - Guest Chef Colleen Hatton shares a spicy salmon recipe.
Chili Lime Salmon
• ½ cup freshly squeezed lime juice (or juice of 2 limes)
• ¼ cup fresh chopped parsley
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 2 tablespoons water
• 1 tablespoon minced garlic (or 4 crushed garlic cloves)
• 1½ teaspoons red chilli flakes (adjust to your preference of spice)
• 1 teaspoon ground Cumin
• 1½ teaspoons salt
• 1 tablespoon honey
• 4 salmon fillets
• 1 red bell pepper, large chop
• 1 yellow bell pepper, large chop
• 1 red onion, cut into wedges
1. Preheat oven to grill/broil settings on high heat. Spray a baking sheet tray with cooking oil spray; set aside.
2. Whisk lime juice, parsley, olive oil, water, garlic, chilli flakes, cumin, salt and parsley together to combine. Add the honey and whisk again until the honey runs smooth through the rest of the ingredients. Arrange the salmon fillets, peppers and onion in a single layer on the prepared baking tray; and pour over half of the marinade. Toss peppers and onion to coat; and rotate the salmon to coat in the marinade.
3. Broil / grill until the peppers are just beginning to char at the edges (about 10 minutes) and the salmon is cooked to your liking (about 10 minutes). Remove from the oven and serve immediately with lime wedges and remaining marinade for added flavor.