Urbana, Ill - U of I student chef Diana Montgomery shares a recipe from her upcoming Spice Box Dinner.
Make plans to attend Country Chic Dinner Friday, April 21st. Call 217-333-6520 to RSVP
To see the full menu for Country Chic visit here.
Appetizer: Serves 3. Serving Size: 3 Mushrooms (3oz)
4.7 oz Whole Baby Bella Mushrooms Caps
1 oz Baby Bella Mushroom Stems
4 oz Goat Cheese
.01 oz Fresh Thyme
.01 oz Granulated Garlic spice
.01 oz Pepper
• Wash Mushrooms in cold water
• Destem mushrooms. Place whole caps aside on sheet tray and keep the stems.
• Using the knife and cutting board dice the leftover mushroom stems and thyme.
• Mix diced stems, goat cheese, thyme, garlic, and pepper together in a small bowl. Add salt to taste.
• Put cheese mixture into piping bag and, using a large tip, pipe the mixture into the cavities of the washed mushroom caps.
• Place filled mushrooms in a 375 degree oven and bake for 17 minutes.