RECIPE (adapted from Allrecipes.com)
· 2 cups canned black beans, rinsed and drained
· 2 cups canned white beans, rinsed and drained
· 2 14.5 oz cans petite diced tomatoes
· 1.5 cups kale
· Cooking Spray
· ½ Cup diced onion
· 2 tbsp chili powder (or to taste)
· 1 tbsp garlic and herb seasoning
· 1.5 tsp salt
· 2 large skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
· 4 cups chicken broth
· 1 cup 2% milk
1. Place black beans, white beans, tomatoes, and kale in a slow cooker.
2. Spray cooking spray in a large skillet over medium heat. Stir in the onion; cook and stir until softened and translucent, about 5 minutes.
3. Transfer the onion to the slow cooker.
4. Sprinkle with chili powder, garlic and herb seasoning, and salt.
5. Place the chicken breast halves on top, then pour the chicken broth into the slow cooker.
6. Cook on Low for 6 hours. Remove the chicken breasts, and shred or cut the chicken into bite-size pieces. Stir the shredded chicken back into the chili.
7. Stir in the milk, allow to heat for a few minutes, and serve.
Calories: 344, Fat 14.8, Protein: 22.4, Fiber 9.6
Copyright 2015 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.