LaDonna Jenkins from Carle shows us how to put it together.
1-15 oz can low sodium vegetables, drained
1-15 oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1 cup non-fat Greek yogurt
½ cup low-fat mayonnaise
1 Tbsp Onion & Herb Mrs. Dash
1 tsp finely chopped onion
¼ cup chopped green onion
½ cup chopped red bell pepper
Juice 1 lemon
1. Drain canned vegetables. Drain canned chickpeas and rinse under water. Place vegetables and chickpeas into a food processor or blender.
2. Measure Greek yogurt, mayonnaise, and Mrs. Dash and add each to a food processor or blender. Add lemon juice.
3. Pulse food processor or blender until mixture is pureed then empty into a bowl.
4. Finely chop onion; chop green onion and red bell pepper.
5. Stir onions and peppers into pureed mixture.
6. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
Makes 4 cups (32 – 2 Tbsp servings)
Amount per Serving: 35 Calories, 1 gm Fat, 50 mg Sodium, 5 gm Total Carb, 1 gm Fiber
Recipe from “Yummy Benefits” cookbook—online at http://www.nutrition.va.gov/
Copyright 2016 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.