The company has provided 83-grants totaling $100,000 to fire departments across Illinois in the past two years. Uniformed, professional and volunteer fire departments or districts in an Illinois American Water's service area are eligible for a maximum grant of $1,500 per calendar year.
Grants can be used to cover costs of the following:
- Personal protective gear
- Communications equipment
- Firefighting tools
- Water handling equipment
- Training & related activities/materials used to support community fire protection
- Reimbursement for specific classes, including manuals and workbooks.
Letters of application should include the following:
- Description of group seeking support
- Overview of specific project to be funded & grant amount requested
- Community problems/issues project will address
- Time frame for starting project
- Summary of other sources being approached for support
- Project budget
Postmark application by April 20, 2012 & mail to:
Karen Cotton, Manager of External Affairs
123 S.W. Washington Street
Peoria, IL 61602
(309) 566 - 4126
Copyright 2016 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.