Apartment complex catches fire

CHAMPAIGN, Ill. - CHAMPAIGN -- People were forced out of their homes this morning after their apartment complex caught fire. It happened at the Champaign House Apartments on West Kirby Avenue in Champaign.

Firefighters arrived around 10:40 this morning. They say it was caused by a contractor making plumbing repairs. The fire started in a third floor apartment and spread to the attic.Several people were inside that apartment. They were able to escape unharmed. Others were evacuated as well.

The fire caused about $72,000 in damage.


More Stories

Don't Miss

  • WCIA 3's From The Vault
    Copyright 2017 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
  • Golf Tour Exravaganza 2017
    Copyright 2017 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Latest News

Video Center