Carbon monoxide death ruled accidental

By Betty Simpson |

Published 11/12 2013 01:35PM

Updated 11/12 2013 06:17PM

DANVILLE -- An elderly man, found dead in his home Monday, was poisoned by carbon monoxide. Coroner Peggy Johnson ruled the death of 91-year Francis Hathaway accidental.

She says it's believed Hathaway returned home and left his car running inside the garage filling the house with the deadly gas. Hathaway was found Monday afternoon at his home on South California Street.

Authorities remind people to have working carbon monoxide and smoke detectors in their homes.

Copyright 2015 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Featured Coupon


Featured Business