Cigarette sparks home fire

DANVILLE -- Firefighters say a cigarette is to blame for a house fire. It happened on Thorn Hill Drive about 2 pm Monday afternoon.

Officials say someone was smoking in a second-floor bedroom and left the cigarette on the bed. First responders got everyone out safely. One person was taken to the hospital for smoke inhalation.

More Stories

Don't Miss

  • WCIA 3's From The Vault
    Copyright 2017 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
  • Golf Tour Exravaganza 2017
    Copyright 2017 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Latest News

Video Center