- The first Corvette was made in 1953.
- It was named after a small, maneuverable warship of the same name.
- The original front emblem and horn button were designed to show a checkered flag crossed with an American flag. The design was changed when it was discovered that using an American flag on a commercial product is illegal.
- Today, all Corvettes are assembled in Bowling Green, Kentucky.
- As of 2009, there were approximately 750,000 Corvettes of all model years registered in the United States.
Copyright 2016 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.