Electrical issue cause of church fire

By Anna Carrera

Published 10/24 2013 03:59PM

Updated 10/24 2013 05:55PM

IROQUOIS COUNTY -- Investigators say the fire which destroyed most of an area church started because of an electrical issue.

The pastor says it sparked near the steeple in the older part of the building Monday. The St. John's Lutheran Church in Schwer was more than 100 years old.

Services this week will be at the St. Paul Woodworth Gymnasium at 8:45 am Sunday. The pastor says they hope to be able to use part of their own church by next week.

Copyright 2015 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.


.

Featured Business