Fire displaces family

CHAMPAIGN, Ill. (WCIA) -- A family is without a home after an early morning fire.

They woke up to the sounds of smoke alarms, about 3:40 am, Monday.

Crews responded to the 1200-block of Crispus Drive and found smoke coming from the roof of the single-family home.

No one was hurt. Officials say the cause is an electrical failure in the attic. No word on a damage estimate. 
 


More Stories

Don't Miss

  • Don't Miss Stay Connected
    Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
  • Don't Miss Viewers Club
    Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
  • Don't Miss Hidden History
    Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
  • Don't Miss Polar Patrol
    Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Trending Stories

Latest News

Video Center