Good Samaritan rescue

Published 09/06 2013 09:33AM

Updated 09/09 2013 11:52AM

Update: 4:40 pm
CHAMPAIGN -- A neighbor's phone call may have saved a man's life. Firefighters were called to the 1500-block of Grandview Drive about 8:45 pm, Thursday. A neighbor reported a fire.

Crews put out the flames in about 15 minutes and rescued the man inside. Authorities say a cigarette on a couch started the fire. The resident is doing fine. The building is insured and there's no structural damage.
Original: 9:33 am
CHAMPAIGN -- Fire crews responded to a report of smoke at an apartment in the 1500-block of Grandview Drive, just before 9 pm, Thursday. When they arrived, they found a small fire in the apartment. 

It took firefighters about 15 minutes to put out the fire and make sure the rest of the building was clear. There's currently no word on a cause or damage estimate.

Copyright 2015 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.


.

Featured Business