Police say a white man in a two-door, black car was parked in the Meadowbrook Church parking lot at approximately 3:50 pm. He exited the car naked from the waist down, and approached two 13-year old girls while making inappropriate gestures.
The girls ran away from the scene, screaming for help. The man returned to his vehicle and headed towards South Duncan Road.
The male is described as 5'10", with a very short, buzzed haircut or balding. He was wearing a red-and-black bandana over his nose and mouth, and may have been wearing a red t-shirt.
Anyone with information is asked to call Crime Stoppers. You can remain anonymous and may earn a cash reward.
Champaign County Crime Stoppers
(217) 373 - TIPS
Text: CCTip + info to CRIMES (274637)
In light of this incident, Unit 4 wants to remind parents and students of recommended safety tips. If approached by a stranger:
* Check with an adult prior to going anywhere with anyone, especially if you
do not know them. Do not walk or accept a ride with a stranger, no matter
what they offer you.
* Trust your instincts. It's ok to say no to an adult. If a stranger approaches,
you do not have to talk to him/her. If it feels wrong or unsafe, it probably
* Run. If a stranger tries to get you into a vehicle, run, kick, yell or scream
to get the attention of others. Most adults will stop for a child in trouble.
* Remember information about the vehicle (license plate number, color,
bumper stickers) and report that information right away.
* Tell a trusted adult right away.
Tips for parents:
* Avoid displaying the child's names on clothes or other personal items.
* Create a unique family "code word" that only you and your child knows.
* Show children how to use a phone and remind them that 911 calls are free.
911 can be dialed from any cell phone or pay phone.
* Teach children to avoid walking outdoors with headphones, which can
prevent them from hearing someone coming up behind them.
* Remind children to not assist strangers with providing directions, finding
lost pets, or other requests.
* Do not wait to call police.
Copyright 2015 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.