Restaurant closed for day after small fire

By Betty Simpson | bsimpson@wcia.com

Published 03/19 2014 11:32AM

Updated 03/19 2014 01:06PM

CHAMPAIGN -- Crews responded to a fire at Kamakura Restaurant, in the 700-block of Neil Street, about 10:30 am, Wednesday. Authorities say the fire started when an employee heated oil in a pan and walked away from the stove for a short time.

By the time crews arrived, the fire was contained by the building's safety system. No other nearby businesses were affected.

Firefighters accessed the roof to ventilate for smoke. Damage was limited to the kitchen, but the restaurant will not be open for business Wednesday.

Copyright 2015 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.


.

Featured Business