Breaking News

Water heater fire causes thousands in damage

By Anna Carrera

Published 03/10 2014 05:47PM

Updated 03/10 2014 06:40PM

MATTOON -- Firefighters saved a dog from a burning home Monday. They arrived in the 2400-block of Marion about 12:30 pm.

Two people were inside when the fire sparked, but they got out safely. They got most of their pets out, but needed help rescuing their Miniature Pinscher. A cat died from smoke inhalation.

Investigators say the fire started in the hot water heater closet in the kitchen. Damage is estimated between $30,000 - $40,000. 

Copyright 2015 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.


.

Featured Business