Wire sparks house fire

CHAMPAIGN -- Investigators say a burning wire is to blame for a house fire Saturday night. It happened in the 700 block of Church Street about 10:30 pm.

The home is four apartment units. Authorities said there were small flames so they evacuated the building.

After putting out the fire on the outside the home, firefighters said they found more flames on the third floor. They were able to put those out as well.

No one was hurt. The damage is estimated at $20,000.

More Stories

Don't Miss

  • WCIA 3's From The Vault
    Copyright 2017 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
  • Golf Tour Exravaganza 2017
    Copyright 2017 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Latest News

Video Center