Eye On Weather

73°F
Sponsored by

Water heater fire causes thousands in damage

MATTOON -- Firefighters saved a dog from a burning home Monday.
MATTOON -- Firefighters saved a dog from a burning home Monday. They arrived in the 2400-block of Marion about 12:30 pm.

Two people were inside when the fire sparked, but they got out safely. They got most of their pets out, but needed help rescuing their Miniature Pinscher. A cat died from smoke inhalation.

Investigators say the fire started in the hot water heater closet in the kitchen. Damage is estimated between $30,000 - $40,000. 
Page: [[$index + 1]]
comments powered by Disqus

Do You Have a News Tip?


If you have any story ideas or a news tip,  let our news desk know.