Eye On Weather

49°F
Sponsored by

Simple phone call may have saved a life

Update: 4:40 pm CHAMPAIGN -- A neighbor's phone call may have saved a man's life.
Update: 4:40 pm
CHAMPAIGN -- A neighbor's phone call may have saved a man's life. Firefighters were called to the 1500-block of Grandview Drive about 8:45 pm, Thursday. A neighbor reported a fire.

Crews put out the flames in about 15 minutes and rescued the man inside. Authorities say a cigarette on a couch started the fire. The resident is doing fine. The building is insured and there's no structural damage.
Original: 9:33 am
CHAMPAIGN -- Fire crews responded to a report of smoke at an apartment in the 1500-block of Grandview Drive, just before 9 pm, Thursday. When they arrived, they found a small fire in the apartment. 

It took firefighters about 15 minutes to put out the fire and make sure the rest of the building was clear. There's currently no word on a cause or damage estimate.
Page: [[$index + 1]]
comments powered by Disqus

Do You Have a News Tip?


If you have any story ideas or a news tip,  let our news desk know.